By now many of you have completed your fall marathon/half marathon goals and are looking towards the upcoming holiday season. Here’s your motivation to keep moving! Don’t give in to the cooler temps and all things pumpkin and just snuggling into the couch to watch Netflix.
Accept the 100 mile Challenge! Keep moving! Embrace fall and the cooler temps! Hello Fall weather!
100 miles in 30 days is just 3.3 miles/day!
To Enter the Challenge: Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are using a Google Docs spreadsheet to track who is participating and to log all your miles. You will get a reply email with a link to the spreadsheet. Find your name and starting November 1, start logging your miles! The Google Doc is a public spreadsheet to everyone that has the link.
Be Social: make sure you follow the Capital Striders Facebook and Twitter pages, and if you’d like to share your twitter username, I’ll include that in the Google Doc so you can all find, follow, and motivate each other! Be sure to use #100StridersMiles in all your posts!
• All who have logged 50 miles by the end of the day on November 15 (half-way point) will be entered into a drawing for a mid-month prize!
• There will also be random drawings through the month for those who are staying current by consistently logging their miles each week.
• All who have logged 100 miles by the end of the day on November 30 will be entered into a drawing for the grand prize!
Winners of the half-way point and the end of the challenge will be announced the following morning on the Striders FB page and winners will be contacted directly to make arrangements to receive their prize.
- The Challenge starts November 1, 2016 and ends on November 30. (November 4 is the deadline to enter the Challenge.)
- Only running miles count. (Not daily steps, biking, etc…)
- Miles need to be logged on the Google Docs spread sheet. We are trusting participants to be honest with their self-reporting – and to only report/log their own miles.
- You are responsible for logging your own miles. If you have problems accessing the spreadsheet, send an email to: email@example.com
- No entry fee, no cost.
- Please pay attention to your body, don’t try to reach the 100 mile goal at the expense of an injury.
PS… the inspiration for this challenge originated with a fellow runner from Eastern Iowa, Angie Maske-Berka. Angie has a great social media presence and is currently well on her way to completing her 2016 goal of a marathon a month! You can follow her on Twitter at @AngieMaskeBerka