Through out the year, the Capital Striders host and organize four major events in the central Iowa area.
The Capital Pursuit is the Capital Striders' premiere and longest standing race of the year.
- When: Sunday, September 18th, 2016
- Where: Downtown Des Moines, IA
- Distances: 5k, 10mi, and Junior Pursuit
- Expected Participants: 1000+
- RRCA Regional 10 Mile Championship
Kick off your running season the right way at Gray's Lake in the outer Des Moines area with Loop the Lake.
- When: April 8, 2017
- Where: Gray's Lake Park
- Distances: 8k (2.3 laps)
- Expected Participants: 500+
Enjoy the dirt trails and scenery of Brown's Woods while completing a fun and spooky 5k, 10k, or 15k trail run.
- When: Sat. Oct. 29th, 2016 at 9 am
- Where: Brown's Woods
- Distances: 5k, 10k, and 15k
- Expected Participants: 100+
Plunge into the fridged temperatures of Iowa Winter and take on Sycamore 8, a chilling trail race along the Des Moines river.
- When: First Sat. in Dec.
- Where: Sycamore trail in Johnston, IA
- Distances: 8mi
- Expected Participants: 300